Frequently Asked Questions
Any questions we receive we try to post here, to avoid answering the same questions multiple times.
Q: Does this service actually work?!
YES! We work hard to keep this service active if a feature is offline we'll have a status notice up for it.
If you find something that doesn't work, please let us know and we'll fix it.
Q: My friend is receiving unwanted contact, can you please help me track them down?
We sincerely apologise that you're experiencing this, although we do not disclose information to any 3rd party regarding anyone who has or hasn't used this service previously. (please read the terms & conditions on this page)
We do have a free opt-out tool on the contact page, which will help you to stop any further related issues.
We do not reply to requests for personal information of any 3rd party.
Q: I have a serious matter in which the Police are involved & investigating
Send Anonymous isn't a forum for harrasment and/or bullying; or illegal activity.
We openly communicate with state & federal Police when required and do not condone this behaviour on our site.
For Police and law enforcement matters, communication needs to come via the investigating officer, using the contact page.
If your question isn't answered, please contact us via the contact page! Thank you
Terms of service & legal disclaimer
Use of this service is in accordance with the following rules.
- You are solely and exclusively legally & personally responsible for the content that you send to any person or organisation using this site.
- This service is provided 'as is' with no warranties for any component of this service; and this website accepts no liability for your use or misuse of this service.
- Your privacy is important to us and your information will never by disclosed to any 3rd party; with exception to where we are required by a court of law, appropriate legal proceedings or at the request of state or federal Police departments; or law enforcement agency.
- We explicitly reserve the legal right to determine when it is appropriate to disclose information to any 3rd party; and the ability to so accordingly.
- Outside of situations in which we are legally compelled, we don't disclose information about any sent messages from this service to any 3rd party, although we reserve the right to do so.
- Abuse is not accepted or tolerated on this site, be kind to people.
- This service is intended to be a service to allow for business marketing purposes, for fun pranks or jokes on friends or to advise people of personal or private information anonymously, etc.
- The SMS 100% Delivery Guarantee is limited to where our wholesale distribution service has indicated to our system that the message failed to be delivered successfully.
- You must use this service in full accordance with all appropriate laws; details regarding any illegal activity will be forwarded to law enforcement.
- Using telecommunication services to harass or bully any individual is a criminal offence under Australian law, please treat people with respect.
- This website is not designed to be a forum for any kind of illegal activity.